Calcaneal Spur Treatment
It is a spike of bone at the anterior edge of calcaneal tuberosity.
Calcaneal Spur Causes
- Due to repeated attacks of planter fasciitis.
- Due to repeated trauma
- Constant pull of shortened planter fascia.
- Ill fitting shoes
- Fibromatosis of planter fascia.
Calcaneal Spur Clinical Features
- Pain over heel, tenderness on planter aspect of the heel, slight swelling at attachment of planter fascia
Calcaneal Spur Physiotherapy Measures
- Reduces inflammation
- Reduces spasm
- Improves pain through advanced modalities
- Reduces tightness
- Increases strength resisted exercises
- Taping technique
- Ultrasound for instant pain relief