Weight Management and Body Slimming Clinic
Weight Management Physiotherapy will help your commitment to loose weight by giving you with an educated, healthy and personally-tailored program
Obesity is an increasing problem in developed world and has substantial health effects.
BMI > = 30 OBESE
BMI>= 25-29.9 OVERWEIGHT
Weight Management and Body Slimming Causes
- Behavioural factors: decrease in overall physical activity levels
- High –fat diet
- Snacking and loss of formal meals pattern
- Consumption of energy dense food(cold drinks)
- Alcohol consummation
Genetic factors: mutations in melanocortin-4 receptor
Medical complication of weight gain:
- DM type 2
- Coronary heart disease
- Gall stones
- Increase risk of certain cancers
- Breathlessness and respiratory disease
- Menstrual abnormalities and hirsutism
- Pregnancy complication
- Weight related musculoskeletal disorders and arthritis
- Stress incontinence
- Obstructive sleep apnea
Weight Management and Body Slimming Physiotherapy Measures
- Physiotherapists are trained experts who thoroughly understand what the body, mind and spirit need to be able to function optimally to ensure that successful weight-loss can occur. Our physiotherapists can help you with safe and proper exercise with nutritional advice.
- There’s a vast range of physiotherapy exercises, all made to improve certain conditions. To rehabilitate, you need to follow your physiotherapist’s advice exactly
- Walking , swimming or cycling if you are able to do for 30 min daily can burn the extra calories. . The Center for Disease Control and Prevention recommends that adults should take part in at least 2 1/2 hours of low-intensity cardio exercise every week.
- Consume a calorie-controlled balanced diet. Diet is just as essential as exercise in slimming down.