Flat Foot Physiotherapy Treatment
Flat Foot is defined as loss of the medial longitudinal arch of the foot.
Flat Foot Types
|Causes||Causes And Varieties|
|Calcaneovalgus foot||Traumatic: It is (fracture calcanous, traumatic, Pott’s fractures)|
|Vertical talus deformity||Relaxed or static flat foot (commonest)|
|Talocalcaneal bar||Rigid , fibrous or bony ankylosis from any causeSpasmodic; flat foot due to spasmodic contraction of the peroneal muscles.|
|Congenital ligaments laxity|
During period of immobilsation in POP cast
- Active movements of unaffected joints of hip, knee and ankle.
- Strengthen the intrinsic muscles of foot, strong toe flexion exercises.
During period of mobilization
- Foot is mobilized gradually
- Intrinsic foot muscles in form of toe curling, foot cupping, etc. are performed in warm water.
- Walking and standing on the outer border of the foot encouraged.