Spondylosis is Characterized by degenerative changes of the intervertebral joint between the disc and body.
- Onset of age 30 years onward usually after 45 years. Chances of disease in female is > male.
- Poor posture
- Occupational (stress typist, coal miner, labourer, drivers.)
- Pathological changes.
- Hereditary and congenital factors.
Common Sites Of Occurrence
- Cervical C4 – T1
- Thorasic T4 – T6
- Lumber L2 – L5
- Cervical Spine
- Pain – headache (Upper cervical segments), neck pain (Middle cervical segments), Shoulder girdle pain, shoulder pain lower due to impingement of nerve.
- Lumber Spine
- Pain around sacrum between S1 and S2 one or both the buttocks, lateral aspect of one or both legs, central pain, L4 –L5.
- Nature of pain – Pins and needles.
- Muscle spasm – upper cervical trapezius and levator scapulae, qudratus lumborum, erector spinae, hip flexors or hamstring.
- To relieve pain.
- Restoration of movements
- Strengthening exercises.
- Education of posture
- Analysis of precipitating factor to decrease recurrences.