Osteoarthritis Physiotherapy Treatment
Osteoarthritis is defined as degenerative, non –inflammatory joint disease characterized by destruction of articular cartilage band formation of new bone at joint surfaces and margins.
- Pain which decreases with walking poorly localized dull ache in nature.
- Mild swelling of knee joint with morning stiffness.
- Minimal tenderness and coarse crepitus
- If presence of loose bodies in joint patient gives history of locking or giving way.
- Terminal movements of knee are restricted.
- Genu varum deformity may be seen in advanced cases.
- Mechanical stress
- Loss of strength in muscles
- Overstress joints
- Mechanical injury
- Old age
- Reduction of weight.
- Modalities to reduce of pain and inflammation
- Strengthening exercises for quads
- Stretching exercises for the muscles of hams
- Alignment correction through manual therapy